At the Musée de l’Elysée, we think that accompanying photographers in the evolution of their career is as important as preserving their art for future generations. It is in a shared commitment to foster creativity and support the production of new work that the Musée de l’Elysée enters into a partnership with Parmigiani Fleurier to launch the Prix Elysée.
The Prix Elysée is open to promising photographers or artists using photography, regardless of nationality, who have already enjoyed their first exhibitions and publications. Photographers must be recommended by a reputed professional in the fields of photography, contemporary art, cinema, fashion, journalism or publishing. There is no imposed theme or preference for any particular photographic genre or technique.
The Musée de l’Elysée will select eight nominees upon their entry portfolios. Each will receive a contribution of CHF5’000 towards the initial presentation of an original and new project in the nominees’ book, published for the occasion. This book will accompany the nominees’ complete portfolios in the final consideration before the jury of experts. The winner will receive CHF80’000 to be divided between the completion of the proposed project and the publication of the accompanying book within one year. A curator from the Musée de l’Elysée will advise the winner throughout this process. Both the project and book will be presented at one of the Museum’s most important events, the Nuit des images. The nominees’ and the winner’s books will be printed by one of the Sandoz Family Foundation printing companies.
The eight nominees and the winner of the Prix Elysée will all benefit from important exposure and the Museum’s expert guidance. The call for applications will take place biennially. The third edition of the Prix Elysée is launched in January 2018 and concludes in June 2020.
Download Press release in:
- January 1, 2018
- Application submission open.
- March 4, 2018
- Submission closed.
- June 23, 2018
- Announcement of the eight Prix Elysée nominees at the Nuit des images. / Presentation of Matthias Bruggmann’s project (Prix Elysée winner 2016-2018)
- January 2019
- Presentation of the Prix Elysée Nominees’ Book at the Musée de l’Elysée and the Salon International de la Haute Horlogerie in Geneva in collaboration with Parmigiani Fleurier.
- June 2019
- Announcement of the Prix Elysée winner at the Nuit des images.
- January, 2020
- Applications submission
- Late June, 2020
- Presentation of the winner’s project (2018-2020) and book at the Nuit des images.
The jury of the Prix Elysée is composed of 7 members: four international experts from the fields of photography and publishing and 3 representatives of the Prix Elysée founding partners.
The voting jury members of the third Prix Elysée (2018-2020) are:
- Anahita Ghabaian Etehadieh, Founder and Director, Silk Road Gallery, Tehran
- Yasufumi Nakamori is Senior Curator of International Art (photography) at Tate Modern, London
- Agnès b., Fashion designer, Gallerist, Collector, Paris
- Curt Holtz, Editor, Prestel Publishing, Munchen
- Tatyana Franck, Director, Musée de l’Elysée, Lausanne
- Michel Parmigiani, Founder, Parmigiani Fleurier, Fleurier
- A representative of Famille Sandoz Foundation, Lausanne